Home » Proposal Reflection

Proposal Reflection

Mark Thacina

Writing for Engineering

Engl 21007 Prof Von Uhl

5/16/22

In the group proposal it was very tricky at first when my group and I tried to come up with an idea. Although it was tough we eventually came up with the idea of surveillance cameras. I was not too confident about this since I am not so good when it comes to technology. Even though it was a little hard to break down we eventually just simplified the idea of our innovation through breaking it up into parts. I broke down how the innovation would solve the problem of the surveillance cameras and also the price and subscription plans of the Vederi device. It was really good that we had a technical breakdown of things and it helped me understand the idea more.

What I liked a lot about the project was how interesting the topic was. At first I wasn’t sure how we were going to break it down because the device is very complex. Eventually that challenge made us want to break it down the best we could for it to make sense to the audience. We focused a lot on simplifying the idea the best we could so that the people watching the presentation can understand. After all that is what helped me understand the topic way better.

Overall I had a good time working with my classmates on this project. I learned a lot about not only the topic but also about my classmates. Everyone gave good input on the proposal, slide presentations, etc. It allowed for an effective presentation and helped me learn how I can improve my presentation and group work with others. We took something complex and just tried breaking it down the best we could. I really enjoyed it and this project was one of my favorites this whole semester.