Home » News » Free Writes

Free Writes

Free Write 1:

When I think about my career goals it is a kind of thought that I have not really formulated to the fullest extent as of this moment. What I want is to have a lucrative career in which I am settled. As of the career itself I find an interest in the field of science and modern evolution as a society. Basically what and how we can improve on certain things when it comes to making the new discoveries in the world. I would like to contribute to that but I do not know how I would like to contribute specifically. When it comes to the field of engineering there are a vast amount of ways you can come up with improving and providing for the world. Whether that be mechanical, chemical, electrical, or technological. The world needs engineers and that is what makes it such an important career and skill needs to move forward as a society. As of right now I am undecided on the career goal ahead but I would like to learn any sort of knowledge that will help me come closer to my goals eventually. Knowledge is key and you only do a disservice in not wanting to learn. Learn from your mistakes and learn from your success. There is time to choose a path and with that path comes the journey ahead of it.

Free Write 2:

I would say that the biggest weakness in my formal letter would be the format in which my letter is addressed. I am not sure whether the format is in the best chronological order. I also think that the letter itself sometimes jumps from one topic to the other. I would probably have to revise and formulate the topic in a more well written and concise manner for the audience to understand. Maybe I could have even written more on the topic and gone into more depth about it. Introduce more background knowledge or information I would like to learn. Adding to that I would also say to include more specific examples on the topic and sing more phrases like “for example” or “for instance” to make the word choice more diverse in the writing.

Free Write 3:

While reading the Veldt a modern day technology I was reminded of was television. A lot of people nowadays rely on television as a source of entertainment. Especially with the introduction of smart TVs which allow you to purchase apps such as Netflix, youtube, Hulu, etc. It allows for an easier access to many different sources of entertainment. Even when it comes to our children they consume all of this through iPhones and iPads that allow them to search the internet in many different forms, in which most cases are through youtube. This interferes with the child’s touch of sociality in the world causing them to fade from what is beyond technology such as sports, walks, the playground, playing with other friends at the park, etc. This can cause a disturbance to the child’s perception of the world and can cause certain instances in which the child is constantly in a comfort state not allowing themselves to challenge the mind. This creates a new norm for the child and I would say at such an early age access to these things harm them more rather than benefit them. This creates a deluded state and hardwires the brain to become familiar with this feeling of dopamine. As you are consumed by it you become it and that is where the sense of being lost occurs.

Free Write 4:

An issue I would say that the school struggles with is certain things such as the elevator and escalators working. I do not mind using the stairs but overall it creates and abundance of people trying to transition from one area to another. I feel as if this is an issue that can be resolved fairly easy and that it would help students transition from classes easier.

Free Write 5:

My exigence for this memo is to inform the City College of New York staff and directory about the poor precautions taken in order to make an easier transportation system for the school. For example, the elevators and the escalators usually go through some maintenance issues. This can cause a disruption of movement through the buildings as students get from one class to another. Even when I take the stairs it is usually tight since there are many other students who take the stairs due to the fact that the elevators are too slow or do not work as sufficient or at all. This is something I think that the school should improve on in order to make a statement and improve the experience for the students here at City College.

Free Write 6:

I would say a weakness I had with my memo was not being as concise as I should be. I should use more examples as to why this topic sparks an issue or what can be a solution to the problem. I also should use more transition words that will help with the smoothness of the writing. The memo I have so far is kind of short as well and I would like to expand on the topic of the memo in more detail. Many times memos can come across as being formal but I would like to add a twist on it and make it more of an informal memo so that audience can interpret the memo in a better way. They can relate to it as if I were speaking to them instead of writing to them.

Free Write 7:

In the lab reports what I noticed is that I have to structure the lab report in a more concise format. In order to make this lab report flow it needs to be ordered correctly from title, an abstract, introduction, materials and methods, results, discussion, conclusion, etc This format will allow for the reader to interpret a lab report with as much information in the clearest, most concise way.

Free Write 8:

Apple Watch – It is easy to carry around and works as if it were an iPhone
Running shoes – Can implement positive benefits on the feet and legs; can also improve speed in runs
Air fryer – Allows for a healthier way to fry food; it is also fast and allows for a safer way of cooking

Free Write 9:

The item I have chose has changed history in the topic of running and it also changed how runners compete in this day in age. By breaking multiple records multiple times this shoe shows how it can indeed make you faster then any other shoe in the market. The technology of the carbon fibre plate has revolutionized the way runners perform by using an energy-returning foam that helps runners move at least 4% more efficiently. If you were to tell someone from 10 years ago something like this exists I doubt that they would believe it. This shoe has changed the way we perceive running and definitely has changed running performance.

Free Write 10:

I would say that the weaknesses in my technical writing is the structure. I find it difficult to format the writing in a particular way that still keeps the reader intrigued. Structure is probably one of the most important things in this writing piece. I also struggle with using the five senses in this writing. By this I mean making the writing poetic in a way. This and structure are one of the bigger challenges I am facing while writing this technical essay so far. It just needs the right organization. Fixing the structure will definitely make the writing more concise and help the reader understand what the topic is.

1. This is a comment on a news post! It will accept HTML code!

You can change you can post comments from the Dashboard > Settings > Discussion.

You can Edit/Delete comments from the Dashboard > Comments.

You can also turn off the Comments/Pingbacks on any Page or Post when you are editing a Page or Post from the Discussion section of the editor (usually below the field for the body).